Re: sources.list question

On Fri, 4 Jul 2003 14:29:10 +0100
Colin Watson <cjwatson@debian.org> wrote:

::On Fri, Jul 04, 2003 at 06:04:45AM -0700, Wm. G. McGrath wrote:
::> I'm setting up my sources.list file again looking for faster,
::closer> mirrors. I've used netselect to find the best urls for my
::location> and setup, and have put together a comparitively small
::list of> mirrors on which to base the file. Ok so I've done that.
::>
::> Now I'd like to test each line in the file and know that it
::works.> Is there a simple way to do that? Is there a 'debug' mode,
::or> equivilent, for apt or sources.list? I want to confirm that
::I've got> the path for each url right, that the distributions and
::components> are correct too.
::
::Can't you just do 'apt-get update' (or, better, 'dselect update')?
::If the appropriate index files can't be fetched then apt-get will
::complain.

No. I'm talking about deb lines in sources.list. Not package lists.
I'd like to be sure that each url/line is checked. I've got backup
urls that apt will normally ignore that I'd like to check.

	thanks,
	bill