sources.list question

Howdy all,

I'm setting up my sources.list file again looking for faster, closer
mirrors. I've used netselect to find the best urls for my location
and setup, and have put together a comparitively small list of
mirrors on which to base the file. Ok so I've done that.

Now I'd like to test each line in the file and know that it works.
Is there a simple way to do that? Is there a 'debug' mode, or
equivilent, for apt or sources.list? I want to confirm that I've got
the path for each url right, that the distributions and components
are correct too.

BTW if you're looking for a way to figure out what the best mirrors
are from YOUR location, netselect is a really great tool.

	tia,
	bill