Re: HowTo for Gnome2??

On Thu, Jul 03, 2003 at 10:13:24PM -0500, Todd Pytel wrote:
> I backed up my sources.list,

OK . . .

> changed it to unstable,

"It"?  Did you mean the APT::Default-Release value?

> did an apt-get update, apt-get install gnome-core,

OK.

> and then restored the old sources.list.

There isn't a command line option for specifying this?  I thought that
was what -t, --target-release and --default-release were for?

> Works fine.  Nautilus 2 is worlds faster than the
> original, fonts are nice, everything is anti-aliased, blah, blah,
> blah...

OK.

> If you're absolutely opposed to any unstable packages, then I
> guess you're screwed.  That's what you get for running testing.

What, are you saying that I'm less likely to get screwed by running
experimental, than testing?

I didn't know that.  Why?

John S.