newbie: error smbfs: mount_data version 1919251317 is not supported

Hi

I know the topic has been discussed more than one time, I also found quite a
lot og information but no of them could solve it. I try to connect to as MS
windows shared folder using samba. I installed my system using kernel 2.4
and added in the driver module section support for smbclient. After
installing I got the package smbclient with apt-get install.

That is all I did, when I now connect to the shared folder with the command:
mount -t smbfs -o username=xxx,password=yyy //10.0.0.10/share /mnt/share I
get an error called:
smbfs: mount_data version 1919251317 is not supported
mount: wrong fs type, bad option, bad superblock on //gollum/d,
       or too many mounted file systems

Some posts say to add a symlink for the mount* files in /usr/bin, but there
aren't any files named as mount...

Any help will be very appreciated. Thx
_eudgster