Re: Change Apt source

On Thu, 03 Jul 2003 12:49:29 -0500
Abrasive <abrasive@houston.rr.com> wrote:
> I FINALLY got my NIC to work properly.
> Now, how do I change the apt sources so that my Debian box will look on
> the web for new
> packages and the like?  And also security updates?   Or is it easier to
> just find them and download
> them manually?

especially http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html#before

Going to the Debian webpage and clicking on "Documentation," I find:

.. . .which should help you answer your question (especially the
latter one).

Also, regarding security updates, you may wish to subscribe to the
debian-security-announce mailing list.

		(remove "snip-me." to email)