Woody+Bunk, Java plugin freezes Mozilla

Hi,

I have a weird problem with Woody (plus latest updates from Adrian Bunk,
including Mozilla) and Java plugin in the Mozilla. I tried different
Java suits: from java.sun.com (1.3.1, and 1.4.2), from Blackdown (1.3.1
from the Debian packages, 1.4.1 from tarball and from inofficial
repacked DEBs), but every shows the same problem:
Mozilla works with simple Java applets like the one from www.wildcam.de,
but it freezes Mozilla with more complicated apples like the one from
www.kmelektronik.de, apparently when the Java engine is beeing started.
It does not hang completely, ps shows a dozen of java_vm processes in
"S" state, but Mozilla does not react anymore. When I switch the
windows, Mozilla does not refresh the window contents (not completely,
it shows only the gray shadows of the screen parts where the Java
applets are, and the coffee can appears sometimes in this gray box. The
rest of the window is not repainted.).  First I suspected Mozilla from
Bunk itself, but the same happens with Gecko based browsers like Galeon
_and_ with a precompiled Mozilla-Firebird package from Mozilla.org.

OTOH, I could swear that Mozilla plugins did work few months ago on the
same system with j2sdk1.3 package from Blackdown, without any problems.

So did anyone experience the same problems and has a solution? I tried
almost everything I could on the web, including setting various
envrionment variables. Mozilla freezes.

MfG,
Eduard.
--
<oxygene> X ist ein genialer terminal multiplexer