Re: Debian 2.1 Interface - GUI?

On Thu, 2003-07-03 at 15:04, Bret Comstock Waldow wrote:
> Is it a matter of using an earlier version, or just a matter of not
>
> After all, one of the differences between earlier and later distros is
> better security and more optimizations.

I think that the OP might be thinking about this like windows. If you
want it to run on an older machine, you will have to go with an older
version of windows. No way is XP going to run on a 200MHz machine with
32MB RAM.

Or perhaps, (sh)he is not aware that 3.0r1 is the latest release.

Shri

Shri Shrikumar       U R Byte Solutions           Tel:   0845 644 4745
I.T. Consultant	     Edinburgh, Scotland          Mob:   0773 980 3499
                     Web: www.urbyte.com          Email: shri@urbyte.com