missing gnome terminal error message, gnome desktop on testing(sarge)

Hi,

I'm trying to figure out and fix a glitch in my Debian system. According to
apt-get update; apt-get upgrade I have an up-to-date Debian testing(sarge)
system. I've always accepted the new configuration settings each time an
update is installed. The system however is missing gnome-terminal. From
the help I've been given so far, it seems that the system should be using what /etc/alternatives/x-terminal-emulator is pointing at, xterm, but when I click
the foot icon, the debian sub menu, the games sub menu, the adventure sub
menu and choose adventure, I get an error message about gnome-terminal
missing.

I have tried re-configuring alternatives. I choose the suggested default of
xterm. Sawfish's configuration under misc. says it's suppose to be using
x-terminal-emulator. Changing that to xterm makes no difference. Gnome
Control Center says 'Default X Terminal'. Changing that to xterm makes no
difference.

Is anyone else using an up-to-date testing(Sarge) system having the same
issue? I get the error message when I choose any terminal window based
application from the Debian sub menu. There aren't any terminal based
application entries under the main gnome or KDE sub menus, so I don't know if it's just the Debian submenu that is the problem.

Any suggestions on fixing this, input from other testing users saying if
they have or do not have this problem, and pointers as to where to look
and who is responsible for creating the bug in the first place is greatly
appreciated.

Jacob