Re: installing saxon

On Tue, Jul 01, 2003 at 04:08:28PM -0400, Emma Jane Hogbin wrote:
> I'm trying to get the Saxon XSLT Processor installed on my system.
> 	apt-cache search saxon
> reveals:
> 	docbook-xsl - Stylesheets for processing DocBook XML files to HTML and
> 	FO.
> 	arbortext-catalog - Catalog support classes and parsing tools
> 	lib-saxon-java - The Saxon XSLT Processor
> 	saxon-catalog - Catalog support and wrapper the Saxon XSLT Processor
> 	sun-resolver - XML Entity and URI Resolver classes for catalog support
>
> I've installed docbook-xsl, lib-saxon-java, saxon-catalog. But when I try
> to use "saxon" I get the following error:
> 	saxon acpi.xml
> 		/usr/share/sgml/docbook/stylesheet/xsl/nwalsh/fo/tldp-html.xsl >
> 		tldp-saxon.html
> 	bash: saxon: command not found
>
> Does anyone know what I need to get to get this processor installed
> through debian packages?

I can't find a 'saxon' program in any Debian package in unstable, but
saxon-catalog includes the 'saxoncat' program, which says:

Usage: saxoncat [options] source-doc stylesheet {param=value}...  or
       saxoncat [options] -k source-doc {param=value}...          or
       saxoncat [options] source-doc docbook {param=value}...

  Accepts options for saxon and uses options to set system properties
  for the arbortext-catalog classes.

I'm not sure if this is exactly what you want, but it sounds similar,
albeit with slightly different calling syntax from what you're using
above.

The Saxon processor itself just comes as a set of Java libraries, I
believe.

Cheers,