Kernel to a laptop?
Trying to install debian on my Dell Latitude C400, but without
success. I have tried to follow the instructions on
1. Starting with RedHat Rawhide (at the time, the only distro
installable as there is problem with chipset).
2. Free partition /dev/hda1 with around 600 MB
3. mke2fs -j /dev/hda1
4. mount /dev/hda1 /mnt/debinstall
5. /usr/sbin/debootstrap --arch i386 woody \
6. $ chroot /mnt/debinst /bin/bash
However, when I reboot, I get several errors (flashing off the screen)
and then kernel panic.
Is there some special kernel I have to choose for my laptop?
Jon Haugsand, Jon-H.Haugsand@norges-bank.no