Re: Trying Again

On Tue, 01 Jul 2003 15:01:44 -0500
Abrasive <abrasive@houston.rr.com> wrote:

> I've had some trouble posting to this group, so I'm trying again with a
> different mail client.
> Here's my problem.  I don't know what I'm doing...  But about my other
> problems...
> I just installed a fresh copy of Debian 3.0r1, and in order for my
> hardware to work, I need
> to upgrade the kernel to a 2.4.x version.

If you "just installed", meaning you haven't yet spent much time configuring
the system and installing other software, the shortest path from here to
there is probably a re-install.

When you get the first prompt ("boot:") type "bf24" and press enter.

That will install your system with the 2.4.18-bf2.4 kernel.

Kevin