Re: kernel-source-2.4.21 from unstable with woody

* Nick Hastings <hastings@bmail.kek.jp>, 2003-07-01 10:16 -0400:
> * Andre Berger <uzscd5@uni-bonn.de> [030701 10:13]:
> > I'm trying to compile a 2.4.21 kernel on my woody system. I apt-got
> > -b kernel-source-2.4.21 and installed all resulting .deb files.
>
> Hmm this is a little strange. What _exactly_ did you do?

Like I said, plus I made a symlink /usr/src/linux to the unpacked
kernel source. Had forgotten to mention this.

> Normally the steps would be something like:
>
> sudo apt-get install kernel-source-2.4.21
> cd /usr/src
> tar xjf kernel-source-2.4.21.tar.bz2
> cd kernel-source-2.4.21
> fakeroot make-kpkg kernel-image ...etc
> sudo dpkg -i ../kernel-image-2.4.21*.deb
>
> > However when I cd to the source directory
> > /usr/src/kernel-source-2.4.21-2.4.21 and do "make-kpkg clean
> > ; make-kpkg --config=menuconfig --initrd kernel_image modules_image",
> > it doesn't compile because of a missing "dummy do_dep" (IIRC). Could
> > anyone please give me a hint here?
>
> Again, what _exactly_ was the error message?
>
> Nick.

Sorry Nick, after I had erased the debian dir, the error was gone,
and I could compile the kernel just fine.

-Andre