Re: How do you creat an alias in postfix.

On Monday 30 June 2003 2:59 am, Jeffrey L. Taylor wrote:
> Quoting Marino Fernandez <mjferna@yahoo.com>:
> > I am trying to configure amavis with postfix. Apparently you have to
> > create an alias named virusalert. I read the man page for alias, but it
> > sounds like chinese to me.
> >
> > Any help would be appreciated

Thank you for your anwers.

I follow both suggestion, this is what I got:

> On Monday 30 June 2003 7:37 am, Derrick 'dman' Hudson wrote:
> Open /etc/aliases with your favorite editor.  Put a line something
> like this in it :
>
> virusalert:     root
>
> Then run 'newaliases'.

Did that... is that it. I ask because I also got this other suggestion

> Add following to /etc/postfix/aliases:
>
> virusalert: root
>
> Run "postmap /etc/postfix/aliases" and "postfix reload".

An I get this:

Marino@lifebook:~$ sudo postmap /etc/postfix/aliases
postmap: warning: /etc/postfix/aliases, line 1: record is in "key: value"
format; is this an alias file?

This is what I have in /etc/postfix/aliases:

virusalert: root

File that by the way I created with a text editor, since it didn't exist in
/etc/postfix.