Re: ACPI & button "reset"

On Sunday 29 June 2003 19:36, Egor Tur wrote:
> But there is other button - "reset" & I do not know how use it with ACPI.
> How can I reboot machine by button "reset" correctly with ACPI.
> Or may be this button switch off?

I don't think the reset button is handled by ACPI. It's hardwired to allow
restarting the system even when all softawre parts are in a happy state of
lockup. However, if your motherboard offers a "green" or hibernate button,
you might try connecting the reset switch to that one and handle those
events.

--
Got Backup?