Re: 2.4.20 => no wireless network

I had wireless issues when I re-compiled the kernel. Make sure you
*remove* (backup first if you feel like it) your current /lib/modules
directory. For some reason make-kpkg likes going into directories it
shouldn't.  Or maybe it was a different problem--but totally starting from
scratch seems to help sometimes.

Remember that you need two pcmcia packages:
	pcmcia-source (which unpacks as pcmcia-cs)
	pcmcia-cs
This was totally confusing for me.

I posted this earlier to the orinoco list..maybe it will be of some help?
	* remove/move previous versions of the modules from
 		/lib/modules/<version>/pcmcia
 		/lib/modules/<version>/kernel/drivers/net
 	* cd /usr/src
 	* apt-get install pcmcia-source
 	* gunzip, untar the file pcmcia-cs.tar.gz (it will create a directory
 	named "modules" if one isn't already created and put the files in a
 	sub-directory named modules/pcmcia-cs)
 	* cd /usr/src/modules/pcmcia-cs/wireless and check to see that
 	orinococ.c has the correct version in the headers
 	* apt-get install pcmcia-cs
 		as best I can tell this will
 		create the directory pcmcia-cs-<version> IF you have NOT already
 		installed pcmcia-source. If you have already installed
 		pcmcia-source I believe pcmcia-cs is added to the
 		/usr/src/modules/pcmcia-cs directory (desired effect)
 	* cd /usr/src/linux
 	* make-kpkg clean
 	* make-kpkg --append-to-version=.<date> kernel_image modules_image
 	* cd /usr/src
 	* dpkg -i kernel-image<version>.deb
 	(lilo updates as required)
 	* dpkg -i pcmcia-modules<version>.deb