Re: release source code

On Fri, 2003-06-27 at 16:35, Fabio Miranda Hamburger wrote:
> Hi, I would like to know Where Can I get the linux debian source code? All
> I can see are binaries. I need the full directory in a ftp serfver (ej:
> ftp.debian.org)

Off the top of my head I'm not sure, but you could add the src line to
youre apt.sources list and  get the files that way or and this is a
novel idea, buy the cd's and get all the sources in there, only around
£30, you could try:

http://www.debian.org/CD/vendors/

ftp://gd.tuwien.ac.at/opsys/linux/debian-cd/images/3.0_r1/i386

And download the iso's, I'm pretty sure images 4,5,6,7 are all source
iso's

> By the way, I have found Linux instalation annoy, so much warning and
> explication of what is going on, a lot of questions, that should be
> optional, I dont know how frequent linux users deal with that. freebsd
> style is so polite, brief, direct, coherent.

so either way you would complain ;)

you could install say Lindow's or Xandros and watch it wipe youre hdd..

Not enough warning or help or too much, at times you cannot win