'apt-get upgrade' Over Slow Connection

'apt-get upgrade' is fine if you've got a fast Internet connection.

However, what do folks do when they still have *slow* Internet
connections (waiting for DSL, my home system still only works at
~25kbps, maybe ~30kbps)?

Is it possible to have my home system find out what's needed, create a
file with that info, transfer it to my office machine, get the needed
files, put them on a CD, read the CD at home, and update/upgrade?

Things would be a lot easier if I just had DSL at home!

  -Prof Jacker
--
Prof Kenneth H Jacker       khj@cs.appstate.edu
Computer Science Dept       www.cs.appstate.edu/~khj