X doesn't exit nicely

>From the land of magical, mystical problems...when I first boot Debian I
have a lovely non-graphical environment. If I then startx (into fluxbox) I
have a lovely graphical environment. HOWEVER if I exit from fluxbox the
non-graphical environment flickers and the colors are slightly different.
I'm not sure what to look for to track down this problem...I would assume
that X is not exiting properly, but I'm really not sure. I know that I'm
using XF86Config4 as my config file, and that I apt-got
	xserver-xfree86
	xbase-clients
	xfonts-base
	fluxbox
My XF86Config4 file is available at:
	http://xtrinsic.com/geek/config/XF86Config4.txt
if that helps...

So, like, where should I look, eh? Processes? Log files? Any thoughts
would be much appreciated. :)

emma

--
Emma Jane Hogbin