Re: emu10k1 WILL NOT load!

On Saturday 28 June 2003 19:47, mduffy@pegasus.cc.ucf.edu wrote:
> My sound card is a Creative SoundBlaster Audigy MP3 and so the
> corresponding driver should be emu10k1. I am running a 2.4.9 kernel and
> have tried compiling the driver module directly into the kernel with no
> luck.

You should try the ALSA drivers. The OSS drivers really are not up to handling
more recent cards. Since you're familiar with building you own kernels, this
shouldn't be too hard.

You have to install at least the alsa-source package (consider getting the
package from unstable) and then build the kernel using make-kpkg:

fakeroot make-kpkg <...> -added-modules alsa-driver kernel_image modules_image

Install the resulting kernel-image and alsa-modules packages. Oh, and BTW:
standard settings are so that all volumes are to minimum/muted, so if you
don't get any sound, be sure to change that ;-)

--
Got Backup?