Install Debian 3.0r1a with 3ware 7000-2

Hi all,

yesterday I picked up my new server, equipped with an 3ware 7000-2 ide
raid controller and 2 120GB HD's. I'm trying to install Debian 3.0 using
the boot disks and everything goes at it should go.

The controller is recognized at boot time, and the raid disk (a RAID 1
mirrir of the 2 120GB disks) is seen as /dev/sda. I can partition the disk
also, although I get some error messages telling the partition table
couldnt be read. The install explains that this could mean you have
factory-clean disks, which is true.

Anyway, I can partition the raid array and write it to disk, also I can
assign a swap partition. But when I try to assign the linux partitions,
using either ext2 or ext3, the computer just freezes.

I'm clueless and I couldnt find anything on the net about this problem.
Can anyone help me out?

Regards,

Niels

--