Re: long delays switching from consoles to x with nvidia

On Mon, Jun 23, 2003 at 11:22:05PM -0400, Matt Price wrote:
> Hi,
>
> my gazillionth post this week...
>
> Now that I have a second debian system at home (yay!), I notice a
> problem at the work machine.  At work I have an NVidia GeForce
> something/or/other video card, and use the nonfree nvidia drivers to
> run it.  When I switch form console to X, it takes about 30/45 seconds
> for X to come up (this is for an already-running X session).  Now at
> ome that doesn't happen, even though my home computer is zillions of
> time slower.

Are you using the non-Free drivers at home, too?  Maybe you should just
ask nvidia for a bug fix ;-)

--
Rob Weir <rweir@ertius.org>  |   mlspam@ertius.org   |   http://www.ertius.org/
GPG keys: 1024D/1E73B7CD, 4096R/3ABDE5EC     |      Do I look like I want a CC?