Re: Adding more files to a iso image?

On Tue, Jun 24, 2003 at 01:01:32PM +0100, Mark C wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've finally managed to get my debian system (Woody/Sarge/Sid) configured
> and working perfectly with not a single problem.
>
> Anyway, I have created a image of /dev/hda1 using partimage and currently
> storing this on a nfs partition.
>
> I'm using a live cd that consists on partimage, so I can boot up and mount
> the nfs directory with the partimge file in and restore the complete image
> (just incase I completely manage to mangle my system or I need to install
> the image on another computer).
>
> Basically the image is small enougth to fix on the extra space on the live
> cd,
> how would I go about add this image to the cd?
>
> I would use dd to image to cdrom to my harddrive, then would I use to
> loopback interface to mount the iso image as rw, copy the partimage file
> to the mounted  iso and then umount the iso and reburn using cdrecord.
>
> i.e:
>
> dd if=/dev/cdrom of=/tmp/livecd-image.iso
>
> mount -t iso9660 -o loop,rw /tmp/livecd-image.iso /cdrom

The Linux iso9660 filesystem driver doesn't support writable images.
You'll have to dump it to a writable filesystem, modify it, and then
regenerate the image with mkisofs.

--
Rob Weir <rweir@ertius.org>  |   mlspam@ertius.org   |   http://www.ertius.org/
GPG keys: 1024D/1E73B7CD, 4096R/3ABDE5EC     |      Do I look like I want a CC?