Re: Debian lilo won't boot Redhat

On Friday 27 June 2003 03:57, Ross Boylan wrote:
> I got a system with Red Hat 9 preinstalled, booting with lilo.  After
> making some space, I installed Debian (testing) on it.  I thought it
> would be good to preserve the ability to boot into RH, so I mounted
> its partitions under /red in linux, and modified its lilo.conf to use
> these new paths.  (That is, I created /etc/lilo.conf under Debian
> based on the lilo conf from RH).
>
> Surprisingly, I find I'm unable to start RH doing this.  I get
> Kernel panic: No init found.  Try passing init= option to the kernel
> (it is already getting that option).

I have the same problem with booting Mandrake 9.1 using Debian Lilo. I
can boot other distros OK (like slack) but I get the same kernel panic
message when booting mandrake 9.1

I don't have RedHat, so I can't verify that, but it seems we have the
same problem.

Any suggestions anyone?

I can post my lilo.conf and fstab if you want

Cheers

--
/* "It only takes 20 years for a liberal to become a
conservative without changing a single idea."