Re: need help with exim setup

On Wed, Jun 25, 2003 at 04:18:07PM -0600, Paul E Condon wrote:

| I have ppp connection to my ISP, peakpeak.com.
[...]
| choice 2 in 'eximconfig'

What is the name for that choice?  I no longer have the script (having
removed the old debian exim v3 package ages ago).

[...]
| 1. I can't send email to my wife, and
| 2. I can't send email to ISP support services,
|       for which the address is support@peakpeak.com.
|
| I think that these two problems are the result of improper
| configuration of exim.

You are correct.

| Exim seems to be attempting to deliver both
| kinds of email locally rather than sending them out to the smtp
| service at the ISP, and, of course, it can't deliver because neither
| address is known locally.

This is because you told exim that your machine is the handler for
peakpeak.com.

| Am I right about this being an exim config problem? And,
| what should I change to fix it?

In /etc/exim/exim.conf find where peakpeak.com is referenced.  Remove
those references ;-).

A quick perusal of my old v3 config indicates that the option is named
"local_domains".

-D

--
Micros~1 :