Re: grip & ide-scsi & ripping

That remarkable Thu, Jun 26, 2003 at 12:57, Lukas Ruf wrote:
> A very strange is happening to me when I try to rip a CD:
>
> - I can read the CD, i.e. grip can display all the tracks and can play
>   the sound
>
> - but I cannot make grip rip the CD -- why?
>
> I make use of ide-scsi which leads to /dev/scd0 to be the DVD/CD
> devices.

go to the config tab in grip and choose a ripper. The same with the Encode tab where you have to choose an encoder. For example, lame for mp3 or oggenc for .ogg
check you have installed the ripper (cdda2wav, cdparanoia) and encoder (oggenc or lame) you have selected.

cheers
--
Rodrigo Agerri
Dept. of Computing