Installing libpam0g : SOLVED

Hey again :)

I followed David Fokkema's idea of upgrading to "testing", then to "unstable" and it worked.

I've taken notes of all your suggestions of dpkg -i libpam-modules and libpam0g . I have another machine to set up in a very near future (as if I do nothing else !), this sounds quite efficient.

Well, it works now, and the system didn't come back to bite me unexpectedly, so I guess I can say: "Mission accomplie, mon commandant!" :)

Thanks to all of you !

Jeff