Going Unstable

A few days ago, Colin Watson referred to

"...perlmagick, which is still at a perl 5.6
version in testing. This was temporarily necessary because getting perl
5.8 was more important than waiting for all of perlmagick's
dependencies, which remain very messy and complicated; my notes say that
imagemagick needs the lcms dependency chain, which needs the gdbm
dependency chain, which needs the libsigc++ dependency chain, which
needs the libgc dependency chain. Only the last of those is close to
being ready for testing yet."

http://lists.debian.org/debian-devel/2003/debian-devel-200306/msg01398.html

Since I'm really interested in starting to get to know imagemagick and
perlmagick, it looks like this may be the time to move from sarge to sid.
I've seen that coming for a while, and I'm not too intimidated about it,
but I'm wondering about the timing.

Is this a good time to move to unstable, or is there breakage right now?

Should I watch the mailing lists for 12-18 hours after the mirrors update
to see if there are problems?  (And what time is that, again?)

Or am I just being paranoid?

Thanks for your help,

Bill

--