Re: Where's modversions.h ?

Thus spake John Little:
> I tried compiling a driver for my Tekram dc315 SCSI card in 3.0r0 using
> 2.4.18-bf2.4 kernel.
> Compilation failed when make couldn't find modversions.h header file. I
> spent a couple of
> hours searching the kernel source but couldn't find it .
> I had to revert to my RedHat 8.0 setup, on which it compiled perfectly. The
> modversions.h file
> exists in the RH source for the 2.4.18 kernel, but I can't find it anywhere
> in the Debian 2.4.18
> source.
> I've tried searching the web and found that a few others have had the same
> trouble compiling
> drivers against this kernel, but couldn't find an answer. Anyone know where
> modversions.h is?

modversions.h is created during the make dep stage of a kernel compile.
I believe you'll need to have a proper kernel source tree, configured
and at least having had 'make dep' run on it.

--
Nathan Poznick <poznick@conwaycorp.net>

Little minds are tamed and subdued by misfortune; but great minds rise
above them. -Washington Irving