Re: OT: America's Army

On Tuesday 24 June 2003 21:51, Bijan Soleymani wrote:

> > >Yes, but I'm saying, more of them.
> >
> > Specially, more variety. Why do they port mainly FPSs? Many people
> > don't like FPS's that much, and would like to play *Crafts
> > natively, or Vice City, or The
>
> There's a free warcraft game. Freecraft I think. It has it's own
> artwork, but can use the warcraft 2 artwork. It's even a Debian
> package I think.

Funny, that I was talking about FreeCraf on another mailing list at this
moment.

To sum of the tread in that mailing list, it seems that FreeCraft
doesn't exist anymore. It has been wiped from the face of earth. It
seems the company which made WarCraft, Blizzard, told the FreeCraft
guys that they are infringing it's registered trademark, and the
freecraft guys were scared and shut the project down.

Disclaimer: I have never used FreeCraft or WarCraft myself. This is what
a guy at another mailing list told me.

Cheers

--
/* "It only takes 20 years for a liberal to become a
conservative without changing a single idea."