Re: Management of users using webmin?

yOn Tue, 24 Jun 2003, Haim Ashkenazi wrote:

> On Monday 23 June 2003 23:42, jennyw wrote:
> > Just wondering how to setup Webmin to manage users?  I've inherited a
> > Debian box and it was setup so that there was an icon there that allowed
> > it to manage users. We added a webmin module and then it messed up
> > webmin so we had to remove and reinstall

The user management applet is in webmin-core.

> ... now there's nothing in
> > webmin to manage unix users. Suggestions?  I think the problem was
> > because there were several copies of webmin originally (some through
> > apt, a couple downloaded).
> I don't use webmin anymore, but when I did, I've always downloaded the one
> from "www.webmin.com". don't use the one that comes with debian.

Or rather use the debian packages or the one from www.webmin.com but don't
mix and match.  That way lies madness.

If you're going to use thew upstream one, install it into /usr/local.
That's guaranteed off-limits to the packaging system.

If you're going to use the debian packages and you're on woody, get the
ones from unstable.  They should work fine on woody and they're more up to
date.

--
Jaldhar H. Vyas <jaldhar@debian.org>