Re: Management of users using webmin?

On Monday 23 June 2003 23:42, jennyw wrote:
> Just wondering how to setup Webmin to manage users?  I've inherited a
> Debian box and it was setup so that there was an icon there that allowed
> it to manage users. We added a webmin module and then it messed up
> webmin so we had to remove and reinstall ... now there's nothing in
> webmin to manage unix users. Suggestions?  I think the problem was
> because there were several copies of webmin originally (some through
> apt, a couple downloaded).
I don't use webmin anymore, but when I did, I've always downloaded the one
from "www.webmin.com". don't use the one that comes with debian. before you
install it, make sure to delete the '/etc/webmin' folder if you have one,
also check that there aren't any instances of webmin loading on boot ('ls
/etc/rc*.d/*webmin').

Bye
--
Haim