Re: Knoppix

On Monday 23 June 2003 08:17 pm, David Fokkema wrote:
> Hi group,
>

> 'wheelmouse' which results in my mouse pointer flashing over the screen
> and clicking when I don't even touch buttons. Never had this in Debian,
> unless I just had booted into windows. Hard poweroff always fixed this,
> but not with Knoppix.

IF your Knoppix is on your Hardrive (full install) copy the section where your
mouse settings are in /etc/X11/XF86config-4 from your working debian
installation into your knoppix one; this is how my entry looks:

Section "InputDevice"
  Driver       "mouse"
  Identifier   "Mouse[1]"
  Option       "ButtonNumber" "3"
  Option       "Device" "/dev/psaux"
  Option       "Emulate3Buttons" "on"
  Option       "Name" "Autodetection"
  Option       "Protocol" "imps/2"
  Option       "Vendor" "Sysp"
  Option       "ZAxisMapping" "4 5"
EndSection

I had some touchpad problems, but this fixed them.

> Furthermore: D*MN, so sloooooooooooow. Luckily, I don't _have_ to use
> KDE.

If you run Knoppix from a CD, it loads into a RAM drive... and you have what,
64 Megs?... I ran Knoppix from a desktop with 128 Megs and was slow, but it
runs pretty fast on my laptop with 512 megs... and I liked so much that I
erased my SuSE 8.1 install, and replaced it with a Knoppix-debian install...
and works great.