htmlview hanging in mutt

i can't read the email of two of my new co-workers.  it appears to be
just normal html-formatted email (does anyone have a procmail script
to neatly delete those attachments of html-formatted messages, btw?),
and i can view the message *after* deleting the formatting attachment
-- but when i try to view it from within mutt, mutt hangs on the
following process:

Invoking autoview command: /usr/bin/htmlview '/tmp/muttBlS3Uc'

if i check out ps for what's going on and do a `killall links` (there
are usually two running for every email i try to open), it will kill
the hanging process, and let me view garbage.  if i *then* delete the
attachment, then i can see the message.

this is really frustrating!  i've never run into this kind of garbling
before.

the relevant (afaict) headers are as follows:

i'm using mutt 1.2.5 (hm, time to get my sysadmin to upgrade!), fwiw.

thanks!

</nori>

--
    .~.      nori @ sccs.swarthmore.edu