Re: Extremely annoying ext3

> It sure sounds like you don't have DMA enabled on your drive. Debian
> (bless its little heart) will not do this for you automatically, which
> is not what people from Red Hat expect.

This is wrong, being an ex redhat user (well to long) before I slipped
into the Debian camp, redhat do NOT use dma on either hard drive or cdrom,
this has to be turned on manually as well (Just on redhat very slightly
easier than debian):

Redhat:
/etc/sysconfig/harddisks [ Uncomment dma=1 ]

Debian:
apt-get install hwtools hdrparm
/etc/init.d/hwtools [ Add options after hdparm -q .... ]

Mark