Re: Debian files available as tarballs?

On Sun, 2003-06-22 at 21:33, John Klos wrote:
> But I am not looking for installation files. I'd like to get an m68k
> Debian tree into a directory on an m68k NetBSD system so I can test
> NetBSD's Linux ABI emulation.
>
> I did find the base2_2.tgz file, but is there anything newer?

Nope.... 2.2 was the last release to include the base tarball.
Debootstrap is now the recommended installation method. This is however
not what you want.

> I can do this with base2_2.tgz, but I'm surprised that such a file isn't
> available for the latest stable release. Is there a reason for this that
> anyone knows of?

High maintenance on that file... the now available alternatives are
fully automated, the base tarball was manually created and needed manual
intervention by the ftp/mirror administrators.

Your best bet it contacting some m68k users and asking them for a
tarball of a minimal system.

Try the debian-m68k lists...

--
Mark Janssen -- maniac(at)maniac.nl -- GnuPG Key Id: 357D2178
Unix / Linux, Open-Source and Internet Consultant @ SyConOS IT