[SOLVED] Re: XFree86 ctrl:swapcaps

On Sun, Jun 22, 2003 at 12:02:46PM -0700, Vineet Kumar wrote:
> * David Fokkema (dfokkema@ileos.nl) [030622 08:47]:
> > Hi group,
> >
> > I upgraded from testing to unstable and I can't get my keyboard to swap
> > the control and capslock keys. The option was ctrl:swapcaps, and
> > according to /etc/X11/xkb/rules/xfree86, xkb should still be able to
> > recognize it. Thoughts, anyone?
>
> What's the syntax you're using?
>
> Here's what mine looks like (I'm using nocaps instead of swapcaps,
> though):
>
> Section "InputDevice"
>         Identifier      "Generic Keyboard"
>         Driver          "keyboard"
>         Option          "CoreKeyboard"
>         Option          "XkbRules"      "xfree86"
>         Option          "XkbModel"      "pc101"
> #       Option          "XkbLayout"     "intl"
>         Option          "XkbOptions"    "ctrl:nocaps"
> EndSection

Problem solved! Also thanks to Bob, xkeycaps showed that it _should_ be
possible to swap the caps and ctrl keys, but it couldn't understand my
keyboard layout, I had to supply it manually.

Also, Vineet is using a different keyboard layout, that _does_ work. It
turns out that pc104/us_intl does not eat the variant nodeadkeys. That
was simply ignored in testing, in unstable it also kills swapcaps. Now,
I have pc104/us with ctrl:swapcaps,compose:menu. Much better!

Thanks,

David