quota

Hello.

Many time I try find how to work with quota version2 and nothing!

Note: I know how to make aquota.xxxx file and what need to append to
fstab and read quota-howto and ...

Now I think:
If the kernel is build only with 'quota support', quota version2 CAN'T work.

There is patch from SGI for support their filesystem XFS.
Patching the kernel provides new option in part of "File system"
'VFS v0 quota format support', activate, make kernel and quota version2
perfectly work.
It works faster and quota file ver.2 (aquota.xxx) take less space.

And now 2 excite questions:
1) Why XFS here?
2) How to use quota ver.2 without SGI patch?

Yours truly.

I have a simple rule in life:
If I don't understand something, it must be bad.

mailto://root@lycos.ru
Kiryanov Vasiliy.