Re: Mail from M$ Outlook Express -> something

On Sun, 2003-06-22 at 06:25, ajlewis2@intac.com wrote:
> In linux.debian.user, you wrote:
> > I'm archiving my mail inWindoze and as I'll be switching to Debian soon I
> > would like to ask if there's any converter that would convert my Outlook
> > mail to the format used by kmail or some other linux mail client.
> >
> > Thank you again.
> >
> > jernej
> >

> Your subject says Outlook Express which is different than Outlook.  I think
> what you want is mbx2mbox.
>
> http://mbx2mbox.sourceforge.net/

The most trusted method for versions of OE/Outlook later than 1997
is to install Windows Mozilla and have it import the email.  Since
Mozilla stores it's email in mbox format, then all you have to
do is ftp (or copy) the relevant directories over to your Linux
partition.

| Ron Johnson, Jr.     Home: ron.l.johnson@cox.net          |
| Jefferson, LA  USA   http://members.cox.net/ron.l.johnson |
| "Oh, great altar of passive entertainment, bestow upon me |
|  thy discordant images at such speed as to render linear  |
|  thought impossible" (Calvin, regarding TV)               |