Re: HOWTO layout formatting

On Fri, 2003-06-20 at 16:00, Nori Heikkinen wrote:
> hey all,
>
> i want to write a mini-howto on all the black magic i had to go
> through to get debian onto this dell inspiron 8000 (i know there are
> lots out there; i want to write another).  is there any specific
> txt2html or latex2html or some formatting tool that is standard for
> the HOWTOs?  I'm just going with LaTeX for the time being, but it's
> not quite the style that they have (i.e.,
> http://qref.sourceforge.net/Debian/reference/reference.en.html).
>
> form as much as function,
>
> </nori>
You can find that information in the document you linked to in your
message.
:)

http://qref.sourceforge.net/Debian/reference/ap-appendix.en.html#s-docformat

That says that they use (I quote):
"A.4 Document format
This document was written using the DebianDoc SGML DTD (rewritten from
LinuxDoc SGML). The DebianDoc SGML system enables us to create files in
a variety of formats from one source, e.g. this document can be viewed
as HTML, plain text, TeX DVI, PostScript, PDF, and GNU info.

Conversion utilities for DebianDoc SGML are available in the Debian
package debiandoc-sgml."

Bijan