Re: Burning DVD onto CD

On Fri, 2003-06-20 at 02:49, Paul Johnson wrote:

I have mplayer as my default video player under Gnome, having set it
with the parameters "-quiet -framedrop", and I can watch pretty well any
video with one click. I also have numerous Internet feeds sitting as
icons on the desktop that with one click there, mplayer starts up and
shows as a window. On Gnome, if you don't use -quiet, the system
information that MPlayer spews ends up in the gnome-error file, which
for a live feed running for several hours can become HUGE. The same
thing would likely happen with KDE, but I'm not familiar with which file
it would go to.

I remember, years ago, suggesting to what was then Progressive Networks
that they should aim toward being able to set desktop icons that with
one click launched a player with an Internet feed - they didn't pursue
that, and mplayer now does that job quite nicely.
ML Kahnt New Markets Consulting
Tel: (613) 531-8684 / (613) 539-0935
Email: kahnt@hosehead.dyndns.org