Re: debian

Quoting Mark Roach <mrroach@okmaybe.com>:

> On Thu, 2003-06-19 at 21:50, Joyce, Matthew wrote:
> > I have been using Debian for about 18 months now.
> > I like it and prefer it to other dristos I have tried.
> >
> > Today I had to install Redhat 9 on a system.
> > It detected everything.  A totally good experience installing this os.
> >
> > I'm not saying I will be moving from Debian to redhat, but I do wish
> Debian
> > would address the install procedure.
>
> Wow, there must really be something wrong with me, because I actually
> _like_ the debian installer. I find it simple and flexible.

Me too!  I converted from Windows to Debian just a few months ago, and had few
problems with the installer.  In retrospect, the problems I encountered were due
simply to my ignorance of the kernel and module functionality, not because of
some inherent flaw in the design of the installer.  Now that I better understand
how the Linux kernel functions (along with other general GNU/Linux knowledge
I've picked up), installation is a breeze on other machines I setup

(M)