Re: Easy firewall advice

Joel Konkle-Parker wrote:
> I have a stock Woody system with Gnome 1.4 running, connected to the
> 'net via a 802.11b connection. I want to put a simple firewall on there,
> just to keep things locked down a little more than they are now.
>
> Is there anything real simple, user-friendly, configure-and-forget
> available for Woody? I'm used to ZoneAlarm for Windows, so that gives
> somewhat of an idea of how much I know about firewalls.

I have been pleased with the simplicity yet configurability of shoreline
firewall (aka shorewall). One of the really nice things about shorewall is
the easily understandable documentation.

Here are the quickstart guides:
http://www.shorewall.net/shorewall_quickstart_guide.htm

If you like what you read, just "apt-get install shorewall"

--
David Raeker-Jordan
mailto:david@raeker-jordan.net