pxfonts problem? related to bug report #197891

I had the same problem described int bug report #197891
and after trying to resolve the problem myself using apt & dpkg and even
touching the file

/etc/texmf/dvips/updmap

according to the bug report this should have fixed the removal, but it
think i may have inadvertently forced the removal of some important? tex
program cause now i am unable to remove pxfonts because i'm missing the
program mktexlsr.

I get the following message from apt

bash-2.05b# apt-get -f install
Reading Package Lists... Done
Building Dependency Tree... Done
Correcting dependencies... Done
The following packages will be REMOVED:
pxfonts
0 packages upgraded, 0 newly installed, 1 to remove and 0  not
upgraded.
Need to get 0B of archives. After unpacking 2974kB will be freed.
Do you want to continue? [Y/n]
(Reading database ... 79008 files and directories currently installed.)
Removing pxfonts ...
/var/lib/dpkg/info/pxfonts.prerm: line 39: mktexlsr: command not found
dpkg: error processing pxfonts (--remove):
subprocess pre-removal script returned error exit status 127
pxfonts

I've contemplated commenting mktexlsr from the prerm script but I really
would prefer not to mess up my tex system too much. Any help or advice
is welcome.
(please send me a response in person since i'm not on the list)

Thanks

-nate