Sarge dist-upgrade hiccup w/pxfonts

Hi all,
I did a dist-upgrade yesterday with sarge, and had a problem. If I use
"apt-get -f install" , I get the following error:
Removing pxfonts ...
chmod: failed to get attributes of `/etc/texmf/dvips/updmap': No such
file or directory
dpkg: error processing pxfonts (--remove):
 subprocess pre-removal script returned error exit status 1
 pxfonts

I haven't had much luck trying to force a remove of pxfonts with dselect
or dpkg either.

Thank you in advance for any suggestions,
Glen