Re: Audio CD questions

Hello Roberto,

I use abcd with cdparanoia to grab and oggenc to encode in ogg. (No patents with oggs!) Although these are console tools, they work just perfect without any interaction, ie. grabbing cds track by track, encoding them into ogg (you can set it to mp3 too, if you'd like mp3 better). If you want gui, I would suggest grip.

Regards,
Jozsef

Roberto Sanchez wrote:
Greetings list,

Today, for the first time, I popped an audio CD in my laptop with the intention
of listening to it (the CD player portion of my stero broke during my last move). I was very unhappy when gnome-cd and xmms both choked on it. It's an
older CD so I can't imagine it is DRM'd, but nonetheless I would still like to
play it (and a few others) on my computer.  I did an apt-get cdda2wav and
messed around with that some until I managed to get some tracks on the harddrive where I could play them with xmms, but I have a couple of problems.
1) I would like a GUI-type tool to facilitate putting the audio on my harddrive
and 2) I can't figure out how to tell cdda2wav to make each track into a
separate file when I try to grab the entire disc.

Could someone point me in the right direction here?  Also, what does everyone
recommed for a preferred storage format (wav, mp3, ogg)?

-Roberto Sanchez

Yahoo! Sorteos  -  http://loteria.yahoo.es
Juega a la Lotería Primitiva sin salir de casa