Re: Unidentified subject!

On Tue, 2003-06-17 at 10:48, ingirafn@this.is wrote:
> Hello, two questions.
> Is there a good gnutella console server and client in stable or maby unstable?
>
> Also where can I controle so a program will go on automaticly on boot up ?

like most UN*x system, there are 'runlevels'.
do:
man init
for more info.
These are programs that are mean to start at boot-up. The actual
program/script is placed in /etc/init.d/. Then a symbolic links is
placed in /etc/rcX.d/, where X is the runlevel you want it to run in.
There is a command for this in debian that I do not recall.
-K

--
Kevin Mark <kmark@pipeline.com>