Re: Writing on Windows partition

On 03-06-17 09:43 -0700, Piero wrote:
> How can I properly write on my Windows partition without logging as root?
>
> I tried to create a group on purpose for this, and change group ownersip
>  of this partition from the root group to this new group, but this
> operation was doomed illegitimate. May be it is possible to overcome
> this impossibility, may be there are better solutions.

Hi Piero,

I have a line like this in /etc/fstab:

  /dev/hda1   /windows   vfat   noauto,user   0   0

which allows any user to issue 'mount /windows'

look @ 'man fstab' though, there's a slight difference between 'user'
and 'users' where one means only the user who issued 'mount' can issue
'umount', but the other means any user can do either at any time

(I'm pretty sure I went with the former, above, but I'm the only regular
user on my system)

hth,
Kenneth