Re: kernel with modules

So, following up on my own post:  I now know a little better what I
don't know, if that makes sense.

I've apt-gotten the source for my stock kernel image (2.4.20).

I've apt-gotten the kernel modules for the pcmcia-cs; i don't know
where the samba kernel modules hang out.

I've done a make-menuconfig in the /usr/src/kernel-source-2.4.20
directory, and enabled smbfs and pcmcia support as modules.

I've then done a 'make-kpkg modules' in the same directory.

/sbin/lsmod still doesn't show up pcmcia-cs, though -- it shows up
pcmcia_core, and I'm not sure how the two relate.

and `cat /proc/filesystems` still doesn't show up smbfs.

Where do I go from here?

thanks,

</nori>

--