pcmcia not identing cards on boot (2.5/sid)

i'm running the 2.5 kernels and sid on my laptop, and for probably
nearly a month my pcmcia nics have not been recognized correctly on
boot.

it tries to load memory_cs instead. if i eject then reinsert the card,
it'll ident correctly and  load the right modules.

is this a 2.5 issue or a sid issue?  has anyone else seen it?

i'm using a cheap orinoco_cs and a 3c574_cs card.  thanks.
--
| glynis@hjsoft.com         http://www.hjsoft.com/~glynis/ |