Re: Internet Browser Preferences

Frank Van Damme wrote:

On Monday 16 June 2003 17:49, Karsten M. Self wrote:
I don't want to get into any long debate, but I am looking for a light
weight browser.  I am currently using Opera, but crashes occasionally and
I am getting really annoyed.  What are you guys using?
Galeon on reasonable HW.  Dillo / w3m on older (PII-200 and worse).

For more:

   http://twiki.iwethey.org/twiki/bin/view/Main/NixBrowsers

Dillo and w3m on a 386 you mean :-)

Galeon mustn't be a bad performer on a pII-200. At least it's workeable with my p133.
In my p233 laptop galeon takes ages to render any page with graphics and you have to put up with a loading time of well over 1 minute. Note only 32 Mb mem as well, so don't know if I have to blame cpu or lack of mem. I also prefer w3m for old/slow machines.